Parts of speech

This portal gives you information about, biography, current events, Science knowledge, schemes, historical places, jobs and new government schems. Share its information on facebook, Twitter, Instagram and what's up group, to be update about latest news.

Gyan- flow

Today deal on baby products on amazon

Parts of speech:





One of the group that words are divided in to
For example:- 
• NOUN
• VERB
• PRONOUN
• ADJECTIVE

Get 30% discount on cosmatic products on amazon, to get click hereЁЯСИ

 
There are eight main parts of speech:-
Noun, pronoun, adjective, verbs, adverbs, preposition, conjuction and interjection
.



1. Noun:-  naming words

2. Pronoun:-  Replaces a noun

3. Adjective:- Describes     something

4. Verb:- in an action or state

5. Adverb:-  discribe a verb

6. Preposition:- shows a relationship

7. Conjuction:- joins words or clauses

8. Interjection:- Express emotions.

                 Noun

Name of a person, thing, place or an idea.

Example:- 

                  Daniel, Landon, table, dog, pen, city, happiness

Sentences:-

▪︎Steve lives in Sydney.
▪︎ Mary uses pen and paper to write.

              Pronoun

A pronoun is used in place of a noun or noun phrase to avoid reputation.

Exmple:-

 I, You,  we, they, he, she, it, me, us, them, him, her, this, those.
 

Senteces:-

1:- Reena is tired. She wants to sleep.
2.  I want her to dance with me.



              Adjective

An adjective describes, modifies or gives more information about a noun or pronoun.

 Example:

- big, happy, green, young, fun, crazy

Sentences:-

The little girls had a pink hat.

              Verb

A verb shows an action or state of being. A verb shows what some one or some thing is doing.

Eg:-

 go, speak, run, eat, play, live,walk.

Sentences:-

1:- I  like Woodward english.
2:- I study their charts and play their games.


             Adverb

An adverb Describes modifies a verb, an adjective or another adverb. It tells how, where, when, how to what extend.
Many adverb end in -ly.

Example:

- slowly, quietly, very, always, never, too, well, tomorrow, here.

Sentences:-

1. I'm usually busy.
2. Yesterday, I ate my lunch quickly.


      Preposition

A preposition shows the relationship of a noun or pronoun to another word. They can indicate time, place or relationship.

Eg:- 

at, on, in, from, with,near, between, about, under.

Sentences:-

1:- I left my bags on the table for you.

       Conjunction

A conjunction joins two words, ideas, phrases or clauses together in a sentences and shows how they are connected.

Eg

And, but, or, because, so, yet, unless, since, if.

Sentences:-

I was hot and exhausted but I still finished the marathon.


      Interjection 

An interjection is a word or phrase that expresses a strong feeling or emotion.  It is short exclamation.

Eg:-

Ouch!, wow!, great!, help!, oh!, hey!, hi.

Sentences:-

1. Wow! I passed my english test.
2. Ouch! That hurt.

Creater

Kirti karaiya sharma







Comments